Just 21 days left and I will be standing next to a 15 foot metal border fence separating Mexico and the US. The starting point for the Pacific Crest Trail. I know if I had to I could be ready in less than 48 hours yet it seems I still have so much to do! Here are a few random realizations and tasks on my mind today…
- I have way too much tuna for my resupply boxes. I think I have 125 packets…
- I don’t really like tuna all that much… 🙁
- I just bought a kilt! really? Somehow a rain kilt seemed like a great last minute addition to my gear mix this morning. I am now waiting on my rain kilt, more lithium batteries, a new head lamp, 10 pairs of socks, and 3 more memory cards for my camera.
- I keep reminding myself to order my new backpack the Osprey Exos 58 on Friday. The REI sale starts on Friday so I decided to wait and order then… I am sure it will arrive on time!
- I have all my resupply boxes staged and almost done but last week decided to ship them in regional boxes… Now I am waiting on new boxes from the USPS so I can redo them all!
- I still need to map out where IsoPro fuel is available along the trail and if I need to ship fuel in some of my resupply boxes. This is the fuel I use for my JetBoil Stove.
- Costco shopping list… Trail Mix, Snickers, more Snickers… Am I forgetting anything?
- Activate my Get Out Of Jail Free GPS device which will allow you to click Where is the Nomad and see approximately where I am. It will also give me an emergency rescue and evacuation if needed. (Hopefully we can avoid using it!)
- I am almost done dehydrating food! This has been way more work than I anticipated but I am sure it will be worth it. I can give a huge endorsement for Nesco Snackmaster Pro Food Dehydrator. It has been running 24 hours a day for over a month and will provide me something other than tuna to eat!
- I have amazing people in my life… I mean really amazing people and I am floored at what others are willing to do to help me with my journey. Thank you thank you thank you! You know who you are! Thank you!
A bit random but this is how my life is right now… I am in a constant state of getting something else done and trying to stay focused! I am extremely happy and excited!